Holger Baumann, Dr. phil.
Senior Teaching and Research Assistant
Studies of Philosophy and German Literature in Göttingen, PhD in Philosophy with a thesis on personal autonomy 2012 ("Autonomie und Ambivalenz"). -- 2004-2009 Research Assistant at Department of Philosophy, University of Zurich); since 2006 Lecturer in course "Advanced Studies of Applied Ethics"; 2006-2009 Research Assistant in project "Control and Responsibility" at Department of Psychology, University of Dresden; 2009-2015 Scientific Coordinator and Head of "Network Human Dignity as part of the Research Priority Program Ethics, University of Zurich; 2016-2019 Postdoc in Project "Paternalism Towards Children" with Prof. Peter Schaber, University of Zurich; since 2016 Senior Teaching and Research Assistant Institute for Biomedical Ethics and History of Medicine, University Zurich; since 2019 Lecturer and Advisor for Project Development and Funding at Department of Philosophy, University of Zurich; since 2020 member of "Thinktank Childhood", Stiftung Für das Kind, Zurich; since 2020 senior research assistant in project "Mental Integrity" with Prof. Thomas Douglas, University of Oxford; since 2022 Senior Researcher in Project on "Triage and Justice", Käthe-Zingg-Schwichtenberg Fonds, with Prof. Biller-Andorno.
- Philosophical Psychology (Personal Autonomy, Emotions)
- Normative Ethics
- Applied Ethics (specifically with regard to questions about autonomy and human dignity, e.g. human enhancement, ethics of childhood, assisted dying)
- Ethics of communication
- Ethics of personal relationships
- Ethics of behaviorial influence.
- "Just allocation of scarce healthcare resources during and beyond a pandemic: The case of triage" (with Prof. Nikola Biller-Andorno)
- Ethics of Childhood ("Thinktank Childhood")
- A right to mental integrity?
Editing, Reviewing and Consulting Activities
- Ethik in der Medizin
- Ethical Theory and Moral Practice
- Moral Philosophy and Politics
- Zeitschrift für Praktische Philosophie