Bettina Schwind holds a PhD in Public Health and Epidemiology from the University of Basel and is an alumna of the graduate school of Gender Studies of the University of Basel. Following her PhD, she worked as a postdoctoral researcher at Careum Research, Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences in Zurich.
Currently, she is a scientific collaborator at the Institute of Biomedical Ethics and history of Medicine at the University of Zurich and coordinates the module about chronic pain. At the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute she works as coordinator of the MAS Insurance Medicine and is engaged in research and teaching.
• Gender in health, medicine and medical care
• Qualitative methods/methodology and health social sciences
• Decision-making, empowerment, autonomy, self-management
• Migrants and vulnerable Groups
Editing, reviewing and consulting activities
Consulting 2017: Healthy Life Project in Moldova: Pilot Project for Chronic Patients with regards to the possibilities of piloting a Chronic Disease Self-Management Programme
- Teaching at Swiss TPH and University of Basel
- DAS Healthcare and Management: Gender and Health
- MAS Insurance Medicine: (Systematic) Literature Search, Qualitative Methods, Portfolio Learning
- Bsc Human Medicine: KSU-Tutoriat ‚Sind MigrantInnen weniger gesund als SchweizerInnen, im Themenblock ‚Körper, Subjekt und Umwelt