Anna Westermair, Dr. med.
Anna Westermair (MD) has been trained in medicine at the University of Heidelberg, Germany, and Paris V, France, and holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology from the Fernuniversität in Hagen. She has gained extensive clinical experience at the University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein (Germany) and is board certified in psychosomatic medicine, psychotherapy, psychooncology and palliative care. Currently, Anna works as a clinical ethicist at the Clinical Ethics Unit led by Manuel Trachsel that services the University Hospital of Basel, the University Psychiatric Clinics Basel, the Geriatric University Clinic FELIX PLATTER Basel, and the University Childrens’ Hospital Basel.
- Clinical ethics support services in mental health care
- Ethical challenges in the context of severe and persistent mental illness such as severe and enduring anorexia nervosa
- Futility in mental health car
- Intersection of mental health care and palliative care, including
- End-of-life care for persons with a somatic life-limiting disease and a comorbid severe mental illness
- palliative approaches for the management of severe and persistent mental illness
- Ethical concerns in the caring for persons with anorexia nervosa – content analysis of documentations from a series of ethics consultations
- Goals of care in anorexia nervosa with poor prognosis – interview study with expert therapists