The Institute of Biomedical Ethics (IBME) provides its expertise for advice in various fields.
- Providing advice on ethical conflicts arising in connection with patient care and support in the preparation of appropriate recommendations and guidelines. The IBME is responsible for Clinical Ethics at the University Hospital Zurich. Klinische Ethik;
- Consulting in the planning and implementation of biomedical research projects (e.g. as ethics work package leaders or ethics consultants for EU projects or NCCRs);
- Advising international organisations (e.g. the World Health Organisation) on medical ethical issues WHO Collaborating Centre;
- Reviewing for international journals and research programmes;
- Drafting of comments during consultations within the framework of national legislative procedures (e.g. regarding provisions of the Transplantation Act, draft of the Human Research Act);
- Advising media regarding the coverage of medical ethics topic.