Dr Eva De Clercq is a postdoctoral researcher in philosophy and biomedical ethics. She obtained her PhD in philosophy at the Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium) and The University of Pisa (Italy). She has a master in social and cultural anthropology of the Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium) and a master in cultural communication of the University of Florence (Italy).
- Palliative care
- Capacity and decision-making in pediatrics
- Research with vulnerable populations
- Feminist ethics
- Disability studies
- De Clercq, E., Rost, M., Ansari, M., Von der Weid, N. & Elger, B.S. (2020). To be or not to be in the social media arena? The perspective of healthcare providers working within adolescent and young adult oncology in Switzerland. International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health. DOI.
- De Clercq, E., Rost, M., Gumy-Pause, F., Diesch, T., Espelli, V., & Elger, B. S. (2020). Moving Beyond the Friend-Foe Myth: A Scoping Review of the Use of Social Media in Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology. Journal of Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology. DOI.
- De Clercq, E., Favaretto, M., Luceri, M. & (2020) Towards an ethics of curiosity? The role of cinema in medical education on variations of sexual development. Journal of Contemporary Medical Education, 10 (4), 102-113. DOI.
- De Clercq, E., Rost, M., Rakic, M., Wangmo, T. & Elger, B.S. (2019). The conceptual understanding of pediatric palliative care: A Swiss healthcare perspective. BMC Palliative Care 18: 55. DOI.
- De Clercq, E. & Streuli, J. (2019) Special parents for “special” children. The narratives of health care providers and parents of intersex children. Narrative Inquiry in Bioethics 9 (2): 133-147. DOI.
- De Clercq, E., Streuli, J., Ruhe, K. & Elger, B.S. (2019) Undoing Capacity. The Capability Approach in Pediatrics: A Promising Viewpoint. Perspectives in Biology and Medicine 20(3):425-433. DOI.
- De Clercq, E. & Ruhe, K. (2018). The Best Interest Standard: An Exhaustive Guide for Medical Decision Making in Pediatrics? The American Journal of Bioethics 18(8): 69-71. DOI.
- De Clercq, E., Ruhe, K., Rost, M. & Bernice, B.S. (2017). Is Decision-making Capacity an "essentially contested" concept in Pediatrics? Medicine, Health Care and Philosophy 20(3), 425-433. DOI.
Editing, Reviewing and Consulting Activities
Annals of the University of Bucharest. Philosophy Series - BMC Medical Ethics - Child and Adolescent Mental – Health - Culture, Health and Sexuality - Developing World Bioethics - European Journal of Cancer Care - Genetic Testing and Molecular Biomarkers - Journal of Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology - Journal of Adolescent Health - Journal of Pain & Symptom Management - Journal of Medicine, Healthcare and Philosophy - Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics - Journal of Medical Systems - Journal of Narrative Inquiry in Bioethics - Mayo Clinic Proceedings: Innovations, Quality & Outcomes - Patient Preference and Adherence - Plos One - Psycho-Oncology - Psychology Research and Behavior Management - Teoria. Rivista di filosofia fondata da Vittorio Sainati